List Of Tuition Free Universities In Germany & Study Information

Still on our series of Articles on Tuition-free Universities in European Countries, we are sharing with you today, List Of Tuition Free Universities In Germany. We have in the past shared with you information on List Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Austria and Finland. We also provided information regarding the standards of living in the countries mentioned. In this article about Tuition Free Universities In Germany, we have gotten excerpts from a couple of sources in order to make the information complete. Read on…

For many years, higher institutions of education in Germany usually do not charge any tuition fees for undergraduate studies.   But after the Constitutional Court of Germany lifted the ban on tuition fees in January 2005, a number of Federal states now charge tuition fees for undergraduate students.  Postgraduate studies such as most Master’s or PhD has been charging tuition fees for some time now.

Tuition Fees for Undergraduate Programmes

Since the winter Semester 2006/07, German universities are now allowed to charge tuition fees for undergraduate study programmes. Currently,  only four out of 16 Federal states charge tuition fees of up to 500 Euros per semester. These states are Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Hamburg, and Lower Saxony.  All other federal states only request a certain amount of money as a semester contribution (about 50 euros) but charges no tuition fees. Detailed information on tuition fees in different federal states in Germany can be found on the following page.

Detailed information on tuition fees in different federal states in Germany

Tuition fees for Graduate Programmes

In most cases, you need to pay tuition fee for Master’s programmes. The fees vary between 650 Euros and several thousand Euros per Semester. Aside from the tuition fee, each student has to pay a certain amount as a semester contribution to the university (about 50 Euros).

Cost of Studying in Germany: On average, German students spend about 800 Euros for accommodation, transport, food, and miscellaneous expenses.

See the list of all German Universities and Colleges.

Also see the list of Scholarships in Germany for International Students.

Source: http://www.internationale-studierende.de/en/prepare_your_studies/financing/cost_of_education/

The estimated cost of studying and living in germany is not as big as what’s obtainable in countries like Norway, hence, it is still cheaper to study and live in Germany.

You can check the related posts below to get information about Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Austria and Finland.

AD: Get Free Ebook:
How to write better and make lasting impacts. Click here to Download it now!

Comments

1. Iwould be especting your alart

2. I am interested in studying in Germany. am from Nigeria. pls send me information on tuition fee and requirement for a diploma course in hospitality and tourism.

3. Md. Makim Bapari says:

I am interested in studying in Germany. am from Bangladesh. pls send me information on tuition fee and requirement for a diploma course of masters in computer application/telecommunication.

4. bangladesh says:

i want to study in tuiton free any university in german in undergraduatin programme. I passed s.s.c 2008 my result A grade/4.19 &h.s.c. Passed 2010.my result A grade/4.40.now i study in national university. Please give me information . How can i apply? Wahat was need for me to go there study?

5. Emily Aduke says:

HOW CAN ONE APPLY FOR THOSE SCHOLARSHIPS TO ABROAD?

6. Faah Aboryelo G. says:

I hold a Bachalor Degree in Technical Education, Elect/Elect. Tech. Option. I want to run a PGD or MSC in any Electrical related course in Germany. Which of the Universities, is less or free tuition to contact? thanks

7. yohannes taberha says:

I am interesting to study in Germany in field of engineering urban planing or water resource management. I have bachelor science in water resource and environmental engineering.

8. ONAFEKO OLUUWASEYI says:

i would love to study management couse in germany or cyprus with full scholarship

9. Bonnes maleva says:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE UNIVERSITIES PROVIDING FREE TUITION IN GERMANY FOR 2014/2015.WANT TO JOIN FOR MASTER OF ARTS IN APPLIED LINGUISTICS OR MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION

• hello!my name is chingang mankah linda from cameroon.i am a holder of a bachelors degree in special education under the department of educational psychology and minor in economics.i wish to do masters in any university in germany and will love you tp kindly tell me how to go about it and the requirements needed to apply.hoping to hear from you,thank you.

10. Abrar Ullah Khan says:

I am a student from Bangladesh.I have successfully completed my IGCSE O level exams as well as GCE A level exam.I have respectively achieved A grades in all the papers.
    I am interested to study in Aeronautical Engineering course with a scholarship as I belong to a middle class family.
    Please let me know if you offer scholarship to the international students?

11. I am interesting to study in Germany in field of medical genetic or nuclair medicin. I have bachelor science in plant breeding .

12. bangladeshi says:

i want to study in tuition free university in german in BBA. I passed s.s.c 2010 my result A+ grade/5.00 &h.s.c. Passed 2012.my result A grade/4.90.now i am study in national university. Please give me information . How can i apply? What is needed to study there?? is learning german language necessary??

13. PLS HW CAN I GET ADMISSION TO ONE OF THIS TUTION FREE UNIVERSITY, I HAVE HAD N C E, I WANT TO PROCEED FOR DEGREE.

14. I am Interesting to study in Germany. i have done MBA Marketing in 2011 please send me All information about my relevant field.

15. waiting for your update

16. I would like to doctor of medicine course apply to admission on 2014.

17. Egwu ugochukwu says:

My name is ugochukwu.i have all the requirement like a toefll result,an excellent high school certificate and an international passport.please suggest what i should do or how you can help me. i need your help urgently.would be waiting for your kindly response.

18. enow valery ako says:

i wish to study in any of the tuition free universities in germany and how can i get a contact address to any of them?

19. NGScholars says:

If you follow the steps highlighted in this post, you will have no problem.