FUNAAB 2013/2014 Postgraduate Admission (PGD, MSc, MBA, PhD, etc) application form into Postgraduate Programmes is out. The Postgraduate school of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has announced that FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission Form is out for the 2013/2014 Aademic Session.
Eligibility for the 2013/2014 FUNAAB Postgraduate Diploma Programme
To be eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recognized University. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UME/UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree. Holders of HND, Upper Credit and above, with a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience could also apply.
Eligibility for the FUNAAB Masters (MSc) Programme For 2013/2014 Session
- Candidates for Masters Degree Programme, must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree, (with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.50 on a scale of 5.00) in relevant field.
- However, candidates with Second Class Lower Degree with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a scale of 5.0 in relevant field may be considered. Candidates for MICT programme should possess Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc.
- Physical Sciences/Engineering and Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential.
So, CGPA Requirement for FUNAAB Masters Programme Admission is 3.50 on a scale of 5.00 but candidates with Second Class Lower Degree with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a scale of 5.0 in relevant field may be considered.
Eligibility for the FUNAAB MBA (Agric-Business) Programme For 2013/2014 Session
To be eligible for admission to the MBA (Agric-Business) degree programme at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), candidates must be holders of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
MEMP, MEM & MEMP/Ph.D applicants must have credit in English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at Senior School Certificate Level. MEM is a three-semester terminal/professional programme designed for captains of industries with at least five years of cognate experience, while MEMP is an academic Master’s degree.
Requirements for FUNAAB Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) programme Admission
To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate. Holders of one year degree of Master’s are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D programme.
DURATION OF FUNAAB PG PROGRAMMES
Ph. D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree Programme: Full time (FT) - 6 Semesters
Part Time (PT) - 8 Semesters
MASTERS PROGRAMMES: Full time (FT) - 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Part time (PT) - 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
PGD PROGRAMMES: Full Time (FT) - 2 Semesters
Part Time (PT) - 4 Semesters
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR 2013/2014 FUNAAB POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Applicants should visit the PG Application portal (pg.funaab.edu.ng) to generate an invoice to take to any branch of Zenith Bank (Account Number:6014017533) for payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) only exclusive of Bank Charges, before completing his/her application.
- Applicants from outside Nigeria should Pay $100 (USD) into domiciliary accounts; GTBank: 058174218, Swift Code: GTBINGLA and UBA: 033170554, Swift Code: UNAFNGLA.
- You will be asked to upload the telex copy to access the online application form. Candidates should request their respective institutions to forward transcripts directly to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria, West Africa (The Department of choice should be written on the top left corner of the envelope).
Applicants are requested to submit their respective downloaded application, teller and photocopies of their credentials to the Secretary, PGS.
Closing date for online Submission of Application for Masters and PGD programmes is Friday October 18, 2013. Application for Ph.D. is open all year round. Successful applicants will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
You can also download the advert PDF by clicking the following link:
Join on Facebook & Twitter